Authors: Yonas Mitike Kassa, Jose Gonzalez, Ángel Cuevas, Rubén Cuevas, Miriam Marciel, Roberto González
Partners involved: IMDEA, UC3M, NEC
Abstract: Nowadays Internet companies that offer valuable services “for free” are becoming ubiquitous. Users benefiting from these services have to expose their personal information through these services as they utilize them. On the other hand, personal information is becoming a merchandisable commodity, venues that sell personal information by auction are emerging. One of these markets is in the form of advertising systems. Despite being a lucrative business, the hoarding of user personal information by commercial companies is a growing issue primarily because of its non-transparent nature. In this paper we present a data valuation portal that shades light on what kinds of personal information is on market and the financial value of it.
- this paper presents the first version of the Price Comparator implemented as part of the WP5 in TYPES.
- it describes the system details and analyses some of the data available through the system.
- we introduce different targeting mechanisms in online advertising
- we described the design of a unified Data Valuation Portal to Estimate Value of Personal Information across five advertising markets
- we demonstrate a prototype data valuation tool that we developed based on the design
Read the entire paper here.